Meanwhile in Suburbia . . . Lacrosse has taken a hold on our family: Hunter joined the Cheyenne Mountain Girls Lacrosse team. At first I was unsure if I could handle the psychological effects of team sports (on me), then I wondered if I should support a sport where middle aged girls wear shorts befitting a toddler and spaghetti straps in 50 degree weather (mind you, that was during practice only). Being a Mom, I felt the most important thing to do was support my daughter's decision to join the team. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Hunter wields her stick well. Believe it or not, she is quite a defender, getting in the faces of the girls trying to score goals! More importantly, she wants to play next season as well, despite having to play games in freezing rain, mist, and wind! In Denver, to boot! The lesson here is, you never know until you go for it. May I remember this in the future. So . . . here is a picture of her scooping the ball. There are more to come, she has games this weekend and next!
2 comments:
That was a little scary!!
Very impressed with Hunter....I was not a good team sports player!
See you soon!
LOve that video! Convincing little nugget!
Hunter I am so happy you like the game. You will have to teach me when i come and see you next. So proud!
Post a Comment