Sweet, Fleeting Summer
Wow! So I cannot believe that only two weeks remain of what promised to be an endless summer. Between camp, the west coast and the east coast, I feel that we have just begun to relax. Alas, time always exists to squeeze in just a wee more adventure. I promise to post photos of our trips, but for now, how about basking in the glory that is Colorado, as this blog is dedicated to our fabulous landlocked state. Landlocked, but not without water. Witness the following.
Yes, that is Emmett jumping from a concrete pier into the Arkansas River during our canoe/tubing trip on Sunday. While I do not endorse this activity, his father seems to think that risk taking builds character and Emmett is proving himself to be a lad brimming with character. My sweet Hunter on the other hand needs a bit more coaxing, as she tends to consider the consequences of her actions (that lovely egg doesn't fall too far from my happy little basket).
For the record, I did not jump. Great surprise there. Despite my lack of understanding for what an adrenaline rush is, I am happy that Ryan encourages the kids to try things that push them beyond their comfort level.
Let it be known that even Aunty Dawn, who accompanied us on this trip, confronted her fear of all things wild and traipsed through overgrown, potentially rattlesnake infested territory, to position herself on the top of the pier and take the plunge. Unfortunately, all that I captured of this feat on film was her skilled retrieval of a perfectly edible banana lost in the swirling torrents of the river.
No comments:
Post a Comment