Friday, October 25, 2013

The First Day on the Job

 Hello Dream.  And what a messy one you are.  However, the most wonderfully luscious thing about dreams, is that they are indefatigable.  For example, you find yourself accosted by the above reality, yet get lost in ideas such as

 or perhaps even

.
I find an absolute thrill in being able to see the beauty in both a stack of acrylic carpet tiles and a well-aged oak floor. (Take my word for it that the above photo was taken on prime real estate; the majority of the flooring is both warped and stained by abuse.  I simply choose to focus on the lovely.) For example, one could find herself caught up in the labor involved in refurbishing multi-colored lapped siding trying to jump ship, or see the delicate contrast of paint and texture?!

Who am I kidding, we are exhausted and it is only day ONE!!!!

So, on a parting note, remember to catch it while you can:

(Yes, Emmett found a REAL LIVE lasso)

and to savor the things that truly matter
.

Isn't that a great find and so appropriate given our harried lifestyle?

No comments: