Thursday, November 7, 2013

Graced by Gramma

This past weekend the Great Gramma Jan (shown above)arrived from Portland to visit us and to show Squirrel Creek who's boss.  I don't believe that she sat down once during the course of the day, with the exception of our midday repast at the Beulah Inn.  And when she cried, "I think I found the best one yet!" from the depths of the root cellar, we believed her. Upon closer examination of the loot, we counted 380 in change -- dollars not cents. For the moment, we had forgotten the untapped riches of nearly one thousand (EMPTY) glass canning jars.  Thanks to GJ, we managed to eliminate the unwanted element from three more outbuildings and completely fill a 30 yard dumpster (while recycling metal, paper and chemical waste).The last I heard, her de-cluttering skills are in high demand, so book now. 

Organic Lava Lamp?
No,A process that began in 1975 with jarred Apple Juice and went terribly wrong.  

A teen-aged girl learning to wield a Stihl.

In honor of our family and dreams, we shared a toast of Ruby Trust, Colorado grown, and quite lovely.



When not whacking weeds or riding on the newly discovered exercise bike a la 70s, Hunter captured a few moments herself.
( The red in the lantern is the dumpster.)



No comments: