Wednesday, May 10, 2023

And we're back . . .

Be it lack of inspiration, sloth, or simple forgetfulness, I realize that two years have quickly passed since I last chronicled our doings. Surprise Surprise, we have all aged. Some like a pungent batch of Kale Kimchi, others like south-facing wooden windows on a 100 year old house. What to do? Embrace it all!

For those of you who have never been to Beulah, this is where we started:


And this is where we we are at present:


And this is some of the in between (I mean who builds a house with studs 24" apart? Believe it or not, it existed peacefully in that state for many a decade ...)


Real windows that open and have screens and glass that you can see through! (5 down, 10 to go!)


Hiccups along the way:  Beulah hosted two forest fires and subsequent flooding with spring rain events. Fill in the blank for whatever is going on in Ryan's head in this picture. I like to think of it as "Alright, well now we know that we need a sump pump in the basement for 100 year rain events."



But how the fields love rain.


And now we will be able to see out of our large windows to the view above!!! Happiness.


As a Sanders-service announcement, Beulah is not all work. Some of us find time to play:


But playing is best left to places beyond, where temptations to dally present themselves with every foot fall. With that, I present the Sanders Family First 24 mile Loop Backpacking Experience:



Note the hot pink B. It could be B for Backpacking or B for Boy, but we are the Sanders, and chose to preemptively strike the realm of bothersome blather, or Bitching. That's right, Hester Prynne had her A, and Emmett earned the right to be the the trip's first Bitch. 











No comments: